Since we're among friends here, I'm gonna tell you some things I normally wouldn't cop to.
Yep, we're talking shameful, embarrassing reader confessions here today.
These are things I actually do. (They're actually things I always do.)
- I look at the photo sections of nonfiction books before I actually start reading.
- If there are no photos, I do the severe Unruly internal frown. (Nonfiction books: ya gotta have photos!)
- I totally judge books by their covers.
- I check out a spare audiobook that I know I won’t get to for a while, because what if I don’t like the one I’m listening to first? [seriously: almost twitching at the thought]
- I hardly ever buy books for myself, because: libraries!
- I don’t like receiving books as gifts, because I’m hella picky about what I read.
So, yeah. Some of that stuff ain't pretty.
Anyone else got any bookish weirdness you wanna share on the interwebs?